Our commitment is to continuously improve our environmental performance and provide positive contributions to our business. We are committed to sustainable development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
CRH Canada is committed to responsible stewardship of the natural environment. Recognizing the environmental implications of our activities providing products and services to the construction industry, we are continually striving to improve environmental performance by setting and reviewing measurable objectives and targets associated with our operations. We seek to minimize natural resources consumption, waste and adverse environmental impacts, while optimizing the use of technology and pursuing the achievement of our economic objectives. In pursuit of this environmental policy, we are committed to the following:
- We apply environmental management guidelines and standards and monitor our performance.
- We commit to meeting all governmental requirements and strive to exceed them.
- We promote our commitment through training and integration into business processes.
- We promote eco-efficiency, conservation of non-renewable natural resources and recycling of secondary materials.
- We invest in the development of innovative and sustainable products and processes.
- We measure our performance and continuously improve and promote best practices in our industry.
- We manage and conduct our operations in an environmentally sound manner and implement effective controls to reduce or eliminate the release of pollutants to the environment.
- We engage our stakeholders and report publicly on compliance, performance and progress.